Table of Contents
- The Information Nagorik TV Collects
- The Way Nagorik TV Uses Information
- When Nagorik TV Discloses Information
- Your Choices
- Data Security
- Children’s Privacy
- International Visitors
- In the Event of Merger or Sale
- Effective Date, Date Last Modified
- Nagorik TV Contact Information
- Delete Account Data
The Information Nagorik TV Collects
- User-provided Information : You may provide to Nagorik TV what is generally called “personal information” in the USA AND CANADA and elsewhere or “personal data” in the European Union (such as your name, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number, credit card number and billing information) if you register for a Nagorik TV Service, or upload, purchase, view or download certain content or products from the Nagorik TV Service, enter contests or sweepstakes, or otherwise use the features and functionality of the Nagorik TV Service.
- “Automatically Collected” Information : When you access the Nagorik TV Service or open one of our HTML emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using cookies and other types of tracking technologies. This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol address (” IP Address “), a unique user ID, device type, device identifiers, browser types and language, referring and exit pages, platform type, version of software installed, system type, the content and pages that you access on the Nagorik TV Service, the number of clicks, the amount of time spent on pages, the dates and times that you visit the Nagorik TV Service, and other similar information. Depending on the law of your country of residence, your IP address may legally be considered personal information.
The Way Nagorik TV Uses Information
- Nagorik TV uses the information that you provide or that we collect from or about you: to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Nagorik TV Service; to improve your experience with the Nagorik TV Service by delivering content which we hope you will find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages; to allow you to comment on content, and participate in online games, contests or rewards programs; and as necessary to comply as a service provider with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act or other similar legal obligations around the world.
- We will use your email address for administrative communications such as notifying you of major Nagorik TV Service updates, for customer service purposes, to address copyright infringement or defamation issues, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from the Nagorik TV Service.
- Nagorik TV may periodically send promotional materials or notifications to you related to the Nagorik TV Service. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials, you can go to http://www.Nagorik tv.com/settings once you have logged in to the Nagorik TV Service or (for email) follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.
- Nagorik TV uses the information that we collect to understand the USA and Canadage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the Nagorik TV Service works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- Nagorik TV may use “Automatically Collected” information and “Cookies” information to maintain and improve the Nagorik TV Service, including to do the following things: (a) automatically update the Nagorik TV application on your system; (b) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you access the Nagorik TV Service; (c) provide customized third-party advertisements, content and information; (d) monitor the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (e) monitor aggregate site USA and Canadage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and (f) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
When Nagorik TV Discloses Information
- Nagorik TV does not share your personal information with other organizations for their own marketing or promotional uses without your prior express consent. Please be aware, however, that any personal information that you voluntarily choose to display on any publicly available portion of the Nagorik TV Service – such as when you publish content, comments or profile information – becomes publicly available and may be collected and used by others.
- Nagorik TV may disclose Automatically Collected and other aggregate non-personal information with interested third parties to assist such parties in understanding the USA and Canadage and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, or other functionality of Nagorik TV.
- Nagorik TV may make both personal and non-personal information available to subsidiaries and affiliated companies that are under common ownership or control within the Nagorik TV family.
- Nagorik TV may disclose User information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with US state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or other applicable laws around the world (for example, in the country of your residence); or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant in the manner legally required by the requesting entity.
- Nagorik TV also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith and after making reasonable enquiries, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability to Nagorik TV; protect Nagorik TV from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims or allegations to protect the security or integrity of the Nagorik TV Service; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Nagorik TV, our Users, or others. We will notify you of these disclosures if we reasonably think we can do so legally and without harming the purpose of the disclosure.
You may update, correct, or delete certain of your user information and preferences by visiting the Settings Page once you have logged in to the Nagorik TV Service. You may also request to update, correct, delete the personal information you have provided to us by contacting us at [email protected]
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Advertisers and Analytics Providers
We may use third-party Web analytics services on our site, such as those of Google Analytics and Mixpanel. These service providers use a variety of tracking technologies such as cookies to analyze how users use the Nagorik TV Service. The information collected will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Nagorik TV Service. To learn about opting out of Google Analytics, please click here. To opt out of Mixpanel, please click here. Because these opt outs are cookie-based, please note that if you get a new computer or device, install a new browser, or erase or alter your browser’s cookie file, you may need to opt out again.
Nagorik TV may allow advertisers, third-party advertising networks and third-party advertising serving companies to serve advertisements directly to you within the Nagorik TV Service and other Nagorik TV sites, services and software. By serving these advertisements directly to you, these companies can set their own cookies on your computer and trigger their own Web beacons and other tracking technologies to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements, and to collect and track information such as demographic information, inferred interests, aggregated information, and activity to assist them in personalizing the advertising content delivered to you. Nagorik TV does not provide your personal information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent. However, please note that if an advertiser asks Nagorik TV to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, males age 15 to 18) or audience segment (for example, males age 15 to 18 who have participated in certain promotions) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience that they were trying to reach.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our website for third party purposes, and that is why we provide the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out links above. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
Our Commitment to Data Security
Nagorik TV uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical measures designed to protect the integrity and security of your personal information. However, no security precautions or systems can be completely secure. We cannot therefore ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Nagorik TV, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE NAGORIK TV SERVICE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Nagorik TV does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years-of-age. If Nagorik TV learns that personal information of persons under 13-years-of-age has been collected on or through the Nagorik TV Service, Nagorik TV will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a Nagorik TV Service member, then please contact Nagorik TV at [email protected] to have that child’s account terminated and information deleted.
The following are some resources that may help parents and legal guardians in monitoring and limiting your children’s’ access to certain types of material on the Internet. While Nagorik TV does not endorse these products, we provide information about them as a public service to our community.
- “OnGuard Online,” maintained by the FTC
- The Child Safety Network
- Control Kids
- Cyber Sitter
- Net Nanny
Nagorik TV complies with the US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Frameworks developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from EU member countries and Switzerland. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program and view our certification on the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor website, click here.
In the Event of Merger or Sale
In the event that Nagorik TV or some or all assets related to the Nagorik TV Service are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Nagorik TV Contact Information